Junior Software Engineer
Current vacancy at Druid
Junior Software Engineer
Founded in 2000, Druid Software is based in Bray Co. Wicklow and is an innovative and dynamic organisation developing 2G, 3G and 4G mobile network solutions for business users. Druid’s software is widely deployed in Europe delivering enhanced mobile services and unified communications solutions to businesses where employees require mobility. The vertical segments which Druid addresses include: Healthcare, Universities, Airports & Security. In 2019, Druid Software built upon its 4G and 5G platforms.
Druid focuses heavily on employee training, development and retention. Our staff are central to everything we do, they are creative, innovative & solution focused, dedicated to excellence in the design and development of services.
The Development function, which comprises of a wide range of skill sets, is a high performing team and a critical part of the continued success of Druid’s strategy. Due to the growing demand for our solutions, Druid is expanding its Development department and an exciting opportunity exists to join our team of developers, developing mobile network software. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing solutions across multiple platforms as we expand across new territories and new markets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working as part of a development team, on a number of varying projects for Linux-based platforms.
- Use of development/analysis tools e.g. vim/emacs, Wireshark, valgrind, strace, gprof.
- Daily use of a desktop linux OS e.g. Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.
- Follow team processes and methodologies, using agile techniques and GIT & JIRA
- Certain projects will involve working closely with customers and travel to customer
- Continual learning of techniques and technologies relevant to post.
- The post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post,
which may be assigned to him/her from time to time, and to contribute to the
development of the post while in office.
- A competitive salary with bonus.
- Employee Share Option Scheme after one years service.
- 5% Pension contribution after one years service.
- Technical and business training.
- Mentoring and coaching.
- Opportunity for career progression.
- Opportunity to travel to customer sites.
- Opportunity to work alongside leading engineers in newly emerging technologies.
The Candidate – Qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Science or Engineering (Degree) in IT, telecommunications or
- Post graduate qualification in a related field.
- Experience with C or C++ and python programming languages.
- Experience with a server-based or desktop-based Linux OS.
- One/two years’ experience in the software industry.
- Daily use or expert knowledge of Linux OSs.
- Experience with agile process and associated tools e.g. JIRA.
- Experience with Linux-based development tools e.g. vim/emacs, valgrind, strace,
- ·Experience working with modern IT environments and latest industry tools
- A solid team player with ability to work independently.
- Strong focus on Quality and Customer satisfaction.
- Flexible and Adaptable to developing business needs and work patterns.
- Ability to work analytically.
- A problem solver.
- High level of interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with
customers and colleagues.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- An ability to work under pressure on high-priority, service-affecting issues.
- Highly motivated, with the drive to solve problems and expand knowledge
- Good knowledge of software design processes and software testing principles