Senior IT Administrator
Current vacancy at Druid
Senior IT Administrator
Founded in 2000, Druid Software is based in Bray, Co. Wicklow and is an innovative and dynamic organisation developing 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G mobile network solutions for business users. Druid’s software is widely deployed in Europe delivering enhanced mobile services and unified communications solutions to businesses where employees require mobility. The vertical segments which Druid addresses include: Healthcare, Universities, Airports & Security.
Druid focuses heavily on employee training, development and retention. Our staff are central to everything we do, they are creative, innovative & solution focused, dedicated to excellence in the design and development of services.
The ideal candidate for the IT Administrator role will have excellent knowledge across Networking, Storage, Support and Security best practices. Due to the growing demand for our solutions, Druid is expanding its IT department and an exciting opportunity exists to join our team. The successful candidate will be expanding Druid Software’s existing IT infrastructure and will be working closely with the Development, Testing and Supports functions to facilitate those departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with IT infrastructure and servers including racks, servers (Linux/VMware) & networks.
- Daily use of a desktop linux OS e.g. Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.
- Use of GUI and command-line tools e.g. vim/emacs, wireshark, etc.
- Use of scripting languages e.g. BASH, python, etc.
- Follow team processes and methodologies, using agile techniques and GIT & JIRA tools.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures across the systems, with a view to achieving ISO Compliance.
- Record and maintain hardware & software inventories, server licensing, etc.
- Certain duties will involve assisting development and testing teams e.g. setup of test environments, servers, etc.
- Maintain and expand VPN services for both employees and customers.
- Implement and maintain a site-to-site IPSec setup for customer trials and integrations.
- Develop and implement IT Business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Regular documentation updates for changes or new implementations.
- Continual learning of techniques and technologies relevant to post.
- The post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post,
which may be assigned to him/her from time to time, and to contribute to the
development of the post while in office.
- A competitive salary with bonus.
- Possibility of temporary Druid housing.
- 22-25 days Annual Leave Depending on service.
- Employee Share Option Scheme after one year’s service.
- 5% Pension contribution after one year’s service.
- Technical and business training.
- Mentoring and coaching.
- Opportunity for career progression.
- Opportunity to travel to customer sites.
- Opportunity to work alongside leading engineers in newly emerging technologies.
The Candidate – Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Post graduate qualification in a related field.
- At least six years or more experience
- Experience deploying on-premise, co-located and cloud-based server and network equipment such as Cisco, HP, Dell, pfSense, Mikrotik.
- Expert knowledge of a Linux OS e.g. Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, Redhat.
- Extensive TCP/IP knowledge and troubleshooting ability.
- Thorough knowledge of virtualisation products such as VirtualBox, VMWare, KVM, QEmu.
- Strong security awareness & ability to deploy solutions consistent with security policy.
- Expereince in the software industry
- Experience with common network services such as DHCP, DNS, E-mail, etc.
- Experience with containerisation products such as Kubernetes, Docker, LXC, LXD, etc.
- Experience with IPv6.
- Knowledge of open source technologies.
- A solid team player with the ability to work independently.
- Flexible and adaptable to developing IT needs and work patterns.
- Ability to work analytically.
- A problem solver.
- High level of interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- An ability to work under pressure on high-priority, service-affecting issues.
- Highly motivated, with the drive to solve problems and expand knowledge.
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you: any information you provide to us, or which is collected during an interview or otherwise, examples include but are limited to:
- information contained in your social media accounts or personal websites or other online accounts (e.g. LinkedIn or Twitter);
- References provided by referees; and
- any other background information provided or confirmed by academic institutions and training or certification providers etc.