Senior Solutions Architect
Current vacancy at Druid
Senior Solutions Architect
Founded in 2000, Druid Software is based in Ireland an is an innovative and dynamic organization developing 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G mobile network solutions for business users. Druid’s software is widely deployed in Europe delivering enhanced mobile services and unified communications solutions to businesses where employees require mobility. The vertical segments which Druid addresses include: Healthcare, Universities, Airports & Security.
Druid focuses heavily on employee training, development and retention. Our staff are central to everything we do, they are creative, innovative & solution focused, dedicated to excellence in the design and development of services.
While Druid has seen significant success in North America we only recently began executing against our plans to build our U.S. presence. This position will be one of several critical roles that we will be filling over the coming months. Join a successful and expanding team as we continue our rapid growth as a key player in the 4G/5G private cellular network space.
This is a technical and customer focused role based in the United States. The ideal candidate will be part of the Office of the CTO working with our engineering, product, marketing and sales teams to ensure that the Druid maintains its leadership position in private wireless network technologies.
The Druid product is a technology platform that delivers cutting edge features for LTE, 5G and wireless integration with the enterprise network so the ideal candidate will have excellent knowledge across IP & Cellular Networks, Wifi, hardware and cloud deployment technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Presenting Druid Technology to potential customers.
- Engaging with customers to understand their private network requirements and presenting solutions to the customer and requirements to the product teams.
- Responding to RFI and RFPs.
- Participating in technical conferences representing Druid as a member of the CTO team.
- Investigating new technologies and providing thought leadership for private wireless networks.
- Follow team processes and methodologies, using agile techniques in relation to product management and support.
- Certain duties will involve assisting development and testing teams e.g. setup of test environments, servers, etc.
- Regular documentation updates for changes or new implementations.
- Continual learning of techniques and technologies relevant to the position.
- The post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post,
which may be assigned to him/her from time to time, and to contribute to the
development of the position while in office.
- Travel – the position may require approximately 25% travel within the United States and abroad as necessary to meet customer requirements.
- A competitive salary with bonus.
- 20 days annual leave depending on service.
- Employee Share Option Scheme after one year’s service.
- Technical and business training.
- Mentoring and coaching.
- Opportunity for career progression.
- Opportunity to work alongside leading engineers in newly emerging technologies.
The Candidate – Qualifications:
- A highly capable individual who understands a wide range of technologies, software, networking and can engage with a high degree of technical confidence with both customers, industry experts and their peers.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- At least ten years or more experience in the software, telecommunications or data networking industry.
- Experience with private cellular networks is a distinct advantage.
- Experience deploying on-premise, co-located and cloud-based server solutions.
- Expert knowledge of a Linux OS e.g. Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, Redhat.
- Extensive TCP/IP knowledge and troubleshooting ability.
- Thorough knowledge of virtualisation products such as VirtualBox, VMWare, KVM, QEmu.
- Familiar with cloud based architectures and cloud native network functions.
- Strong security awareness & ability to deploy solutions consistent with security policy.
- Ability to engage with customers and propose technical solutions
- Experience with common network services such as DHCP, DNS, E-mail, etc.
- Experience with containerisation products such as Kubernetes, Docker, LXC, LXD, etc.
- Experience with IPv6.
- Knowledge of open source technologies.
- A solid team player with the ability to work independently.
- Flexible and adaptable to the ever changing market and product needs.
- Ability to work analytically.
- A problem solver.
- High level of interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- An ability to work under pressure on high-priority, service-affecting issues.
- Highly motivated, with the drive to solve problems and expand knowledge.
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you: any information you provide to us, or which is collected during an interview or otherwise, examples include but are limited to:
- information contained in your social media accounts or personal websites or other online accounts (e.g. LinkedIn or Twitter);
- References provided by referees; and
- any other background information provided or confirmed by academic institutions and training or certification providers etc.