Telecoms Support Engineer
Current vacancy at Druid
Telecoms Support Engineer
Druid Software is a core cellular network software company based in Ireland. Since 2001, Druid has become a global leader in Private Cellular LTE Solutions. Druid offers solutions in Communications, Internet of Things, Mobile Edge Computing and Public Safety. The company has seen record turnover levels in 2018, following year on year growth.
Druid focuses heavily on employee training, development and retention. Our staff are central to everything we do, they are creative, innovative and solution focused, dedicated to excellence in the design and development of services.
Due to the growing demand for our solutions, we are expanding our team and an exciting opportunity exists to join our team of engineers. The successful candidate will play a key role across multiple platforms as we expand across new territories and new markets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become knowledgeable on Druid’s Raemis platform and the various solutions
offered by the company.
- Delivery of the Druid Raemis solution to customers. While often done remotely,
may, on occasion require site visits. You will be required to liaise directly with the
customers technical team and to manage all stages of this deployment with them.
- Performance and implementation of site upgrades where required.
- Delivery of consultancy to customers, either remotely or onsite.
- Engagement with 3rd party vendors, partners and internal teams to help expand
and enhance the Raemis solution where possible.
- Support of the development team as needed in the provision of testing and/or
network setup as required.
- Participation in the provision of technical support to customers to troubleshoot
and resolve issues as they arise.
- Participation in an on-call rota as required.
- The post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the
post, which may be assigned to him/her from time to time, and to contribute to the
development of the role and company as it evolves.
The Candidate – Qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Science or Engineering (Degree) in IT, telecommunications or
- Evidence of progressive professional development and training.
- Post graduate qualification in a related field.
- Experienced in setting up and/or troubleshooting mobile networks of all
generations, 2G, 3G and 4G
- Experience in delivering customer facing services and solutions.
Experience of IREG testing, IMS core and VOLTE is a plus.
- Experience with IOT/M2M and automotive connectivity would also be of benefit.
- An understanding of the message flows involved in the signalling and user plane
for core networks. Also experienced in analysing wireshark traces to identify and
rectify issues in said message flows.
- Familiarity with the network elements that make up a 2G, 3G or 4G core, e.g.
MSC/VLR/ HLR/HSS, MME, PGW, SGW, DEA, STP, etc. Must also be familiar
with the with their associated interfaces and protocols, e.g. MAP,SS7/SIGTRAN,
DIAMETER, GTP, CAP etc.
- Familiarity with Security Gateways, VPNs, and secure site-to-site interconnect,
most notably IPSEC.
- Ability to clearly communicate requirements, concepts and investigative needs
both internally with colleagues and externally to suppliers, partners and
- Working knowledge of IP networks, routing, firewalls etc IPv6 experience
desirable but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of the associated RAN environments desirable.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Strong team player but with ability to work independently where needed
Ability to self-manage and self-motivate.
- A competitive salary with bonus.
- Employee Share Option Scheme after one year’s service.
- 5% Pension contribution after one year’s service.
- Technical and business training.
- Mentoring and coaching.
- Opportunity for career progression.
- Opportunity to travel to customer sites.
- Opportunity to work alongside leading engineers in newly emerging technologies.